Upgrading to/buying Lion on launch day, or waiting for updated version?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BlueHedgehog, Jul 1, 2011.

  1. BlueHedgehog macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2010
    #1
    By updated version I mean something like 10.7.1, etc.

    Yeah I know that the GM has been released, but I think there MIGHT be a possibility for bugs on launch day release.

    Anyway, as mentioned in the title, what do you guys think?
    1) Upgrade the day (hour/minute:D) Lion is released (i.e. 10.7)?
    or
    2) Waiting for a fixed version (10.7.1 or later)/waiting for other people's reports?
     
  2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2003
    #2
    There's the possibility of bugs for any release, 10.7.0 or .1. With a TM backup, I don't see the point in waiting for the first update.
     
  3. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

    MacBookPro13"

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2011
    Location:
    Ireland
    #3
    Using the GM from July 1st until 10.8.0 (Hopefully!)
     
  4. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2010
    #4
    Me? I'll pass on Lion for a while on my MacBook Pro. Having said that, I have another computer I might put it on. But since my MBP is my main machine, I want it to be stable (which it currently very isn't with Snow Leopard), and I want the app compatibility. My other computer can enjoy the Lion features, even though it doesn't have a trackpad or multitouch mouse.

    AnonMac50
     

Share This Page