Upgrading to Family Pack

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jbracco, Aug 29, 2009.

1. jbracco macrumors member

I just got my Mobile Me account in July. Now I want to upgrade my account to a Family account... Can I but a Family Pack and add it to my current account to get the bigger disk space and more email address?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You can upgrade to a family pack from Me.com and also add more disk space if need be. It's in your account settings.

3. jbracco thread starter macrumors member

I want to buy a pack from Amazon since its cheaper. Will that work?

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

When upgrading to a family pack from me.com, you only pay the difference. If you were to purchase the family pack from amazon.com, you would be paying twice since you already purchased the individual.

Unless you are in the free trial period, but then your data might be lost if you wait until your trial ends.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I'm not sure if it will work or not but you'll end up paying $50 at most to upgrade and it is pro-rated down from there depending on how much time you have left. Mine is due in January and I just added the family pack a few days ago and it was $18 to upgrade through Jan.