Upgrading to iLife '08?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac In School, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

What is the protocol for those of us (probably all of us) who have '06 installed?

Should we uninstall the old programs first using AppZapper, or do we just install over the top of the old versions?

If we install over the top, will we end up with 2 copies of each program? What we we want the new and the old iMovie? What then?

I'm so confused. :confused:

Thanks.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

You won't be required to un-install iLife '06. Installing iLife '08 will overwrite iLife '06, saving your photos and projects. If you are familiar with iMovie '06 and would like to continue using it, you can download it off of Apple's site.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

3. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmmmm... So install iMovie 08 over iMovie 06, then download and install iMovie 6...

Doing this will give me both versions of iMovie, or will 06 just over-right the newly-installed '08?

I'd really like to use both, if at all possible. 08 has some amazing features I'd like to use, but it's also lacking some of the basics I need.

4. ElCambo macrumors regular

Dont worry about imovie HD. Its different than the other programs. iphoto will get overwritten, yet imovie HD stays and when u install ilife 08 it keeps imovie hd and it installs the new imovie. it it ensures that you have both programs.

5. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816