Upgrading to iOS 4 from jailbroken 3.0 and don't care about jailbreaking again

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Enhanced, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Enhanced macrumors newbie

Simple question that I've searched through the forums for and haven't gotten a definite answer.

I'm currently on OS 3.0 and jailbroken. I do not wish to jailbreak my phone again in the future as I don't use many of the JB features anyways so can I just go ahead and push the "Update" button and update to iOS 4 without any complications? I don't care about ruining my JB chances in the future. The only thing I don't want is to brick my phone.

I don't want to go the restore route because I would like to keep all my info/data on the phone.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Just push the update button and after, what may seem like an extended time of backup your iPhone will run 4.0. Simple as that.

3. Lorio macrumors newbie

I can confirm. I had a 3.1.2 JB version. First I removed most of my jb apps just to make sure. I did a backup, sync and update. Nothing else. My jb is removed and I'm happy!

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

A tip is never to restore a backup from a jailbroken iPhone on to a non-JBed iPhone. The backup does contain references specific to the JB and the JB apps

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I always set my iphone up as "new phone" never from a backup, especially because you were just jailbroken...another thing I do is put the phone into recovery mode before restoring. You don't need to by any means, I just find less error messages pop up for me when I do it that way.

good luck!