Upgrading to iP4 and Feature Codes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MicahFreak82, Jun 29, 2010.

1. MicahFreak82 macrumors member

Hey everyone,
    I have searched this thread multiple times but with new threads popping up I just can't keep but.
    My question is if I have feature codes on my account like u200 and BSB1500 (1500 text for $8.99) will I lose those when i go to the apple store to upgrade my 3g?
    How do I make sure that i don't have to re-add them to my account after upgrading?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yep, you almost expect to lose them if you activate in-store at Apple or even most AT&T Cor locations or over the phone with a random Care rep.

If you really, are afraid of losing them, just don't upgrade on this line of service. Order an iPhone 4 on another line of service and then just switch the new iPhone 4 to the line that you don't want any other features to change. You will need a second Micro SIM and a donor line.

While this method is not for everyone or every situation, it is the only sure way to not have anyone touch your line or features.

Dave

3. MicahFreak82 thread starter macrumors member

Hey Thanks Dave,
    There is really no one else I know that could upgrade swap with me. so i may be fresh out of luck. I was very disappointed that there wasn't an option to "do not change my contract just upgrade me" when ordering the iphone online. There is really no way to ensure that all my feature codes don't just vanish when i upgrade. Has anyone else had any success when upgrading with feature codes. I really don't want to lose my 200 bonus min.

4. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

OP, I spent a very long time with a lot of different CSR's last week and yesterday.

The word is that the new iPhone agreement has a clause that states customers MUST have a current txt msg plan, meaning all old feature codes are null and void.

I've gone as far up the CS ladder as they'll allow me to no avail. No one can, or is willing, to put TMS4 back on to my account because a) it is expired and b) the new clause they keep referring to.

I'm not sure what will happen to U200, that might escape deletion since the clause seems to be specific to txt messaging.