Upgrading to iPhone 3G at Apple Store...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FSUSem1noles, Jul 7, 2008.

1. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I've heard that if you're a current AT&T customer and don't have an iPhone, you're more than likely going to have to go to an AT&T store to upgrade..

But what if you're an AT&T customer with an iPhone, will you be able to go to an Apple store or AT&T store??

Is the Apple store only doing "NEW Customer" activations??

I called the local Apple store down here and they said they don't know what the procedure is going to be? This whole thing seems a bit disorganized for a Friday launch date...

2. PrinceOfEgypt macrumors member

the Apple site says that you can buy the iPhone at apple stores or AT&T stores. that's it, nothing more to it than that.. we don't need needless speculation :)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

4. FSUSem1noles thread starter macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I understand that, but apparently some info was released at yesterdays meeting and then the following update that's on the front page..

5. thevol macrumors member

I don't think Apple will sell it for more than $199/299, which is what some people have been saying all along...however, it sounds like they just wont sell it at all to those who need a non-eligible upgrade ($399/499). For that you will need to goto an AT&T store. Its all just speculation right now but it kind of makes sense. They will just make AT&T look like the bad guy.

6. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

wow apple keeps us in the dark and also their employees, so why we do keep on asking questions that we all don't know?

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I think you are referring to corporate/business accounts.