Upgrading to iPhone 3G, but when?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Oct 24, 2008.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I will have the funds to afford the 3G next week,
    but according to the buyers guide on this site, it is approaching the end of the cycle, and will update in an average of 20 days.

When do you speculate there will be an update?
    And what will it be? Just a basic memory boost? instead of 8 and 16, it will be 16 and 32?

I am looking to get the 16GB white.

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Just go buy one. You'll be much happier now. No one knows when new ones will be introduced. In regards to a software update to 2.2, it will be only minor upgrades Iam sure. No hardware changes.

3. rynoman macrumors newbie

rynoman

+1. you'll be glad you did.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats on your purchase, when you make it. There's been much speculation on 16GB/32GB iPhones, but that didn't sway me from purchasing my 16GB White 3G. If they come out with a new iPhone next year, I'll figure out a way to buy it...:p

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

no 32gb iphone till next year, along with any other 'refresh' that might happen.

6. mmbo macrumors newbie

what about changing the casing?
    i hear sooo much problems about cracks, lines, etc... abbout how some ppl need to exchange like 3 phones til they get a good one.
    makes me skeptical about getting one.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Easy for me to say (although I'm sitting on a first-gen model), but I would wait. With the extra competition starting to hit the market, I have a feeling that a 32GB model will be released early next year. You will be stuck with your decision for two years, so make sure to really think it over.

I personally want to wait for a 64GB model, but I also would like to take advantage of people willing to pay $100 more than I paid for my first-gen phone on eBay. I spent $250 on this, and most first-gen phones are selling for $350+ because you can unlock them. I figure someone will figure out how to rig the system on the 3Gs at some point, and I REALLY need more storage space.

Oh yeah, can't forget about how I'd love the faster speed on stuff like MLB At Bat, the radio apps, e-mails, etc. etc. EDGE is decent, but 3G should be quite awesome.