Upgrading to Iphone 4G/ HD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by curtishd, Apr 28, 2010.

1. curtishd macrumors member

What is the policy of upgrading with AT&T with iPhones? I signed up last year for the 3gs and a 3g so will I be able to up grade in June?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Log onto the AT&T website using your account information and look for the section telling you about your upgrade. (It should be somewhere on the first page under 'Quick Links' called "Check Upgrade Options.")

It depends on how much your bill is each month, none of us can give you an answer. Only AT&T can.

EDIT: What will happen is you select the phone number you want to upgrade and it just shows you a bunch of phones. Pick the iPhone and it will show you YOUR price to get a new 3GS. Assuming the prices for the new phone don't change, that'll probably be the same for you once the new phone comes out.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

well with an iphone plan its a 2 year contract so when the new iphone comes out (if the policy is the same as last year) then if u want to upgrade it will coast a lot more for the phone. last year the phone was say 200$ then if u were sill in your contract it was like 600$. so with that we really dont know if they will change the policy

but if u log in on atts site they will tell u for sure

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's more complicated than that. There's an 'in-between' price that's more than $199 but less than $599. It kicks in at a certain point.

It also depends on your bill. If you have a bunch of minutes and texts and pay $300 a month for your family then you'll be eligable earlier than someone who pays $90 a month.

Basically, there are a million ways it could go so no one can really predict until you check. (At least, I haven't met anyone who can predict what AT&T is thinking!)

5. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

I want to upgrade...but it was like pulling teeth to get my husband to even agree to get the iphone 3g 2 years ago.

So, more than likely...only one of us will upgrade.
    Though, he may not like the fact that I'll have to sign a new 2 year contract.

:eek:

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

To me fair, you don't have to sign a contract; you would just need to purchase it off contract. Yes it does cost quite a bit more, but you would need to balance that would the flexibility. Makes it easier to get things fixed when they know they can't retain you.

That's what I do; of course I also change phones like bed sheets