Upgrading to iPhone 4s/5.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshGlzBrk, Aug 14, 2011.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

So currently we have a family plan, my line being the main line (AT&T) I got my 3gs in august '09, then was able to get the iPhone 4 in June of '10 with 2 yr pricing.

However, currently it says my number is not eligible until 11/19/2011, but both of the other two lines are eligible for 2 year pricing.

I know you can give your upgrade to another member on your plan, but I don't remember this option when I upgraded to the iPhone 4 through Apple.com.

Would I need to pre-order/order the next iPhone using one of the other numbers and then when it arrives just switch the micro-sim cards out? Putting my micro sim in my iPhone 4 currently in the new one, and then the one that came in the new one (for the other line) in my iPhone 4? And it should work just fine?

Also, I have the unlimited data plan, I want to be able to keep that...

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You can use someone's upgrade on your family plan. If you do it using the upgrade method on the same account your unlimited should stay intact. The iPhone may not be out at the 19/11 though. There's no harm in waiting a few weeks after the launch to get the device too.