General Upgrading to iPhone 5s, Goodbye Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TypeMRT, Oct 11, 2013.

1. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I've enjoyed iOS 7 on my iPad enough that I'm ready to upgrade my iPhone. This weekend's $100 trade-in offer by Best Buy is too good for me to pass up. I'll get rid of an useless Treo and eBay my 16GB iPhone 5 to get the 64 GB iPhone 5s for only $40 out of pocket. I'll really only miss tethering and 3Gunrestrictor, so I'll be back as soon as the jailbreak is released. Hopefully it'll be released by the end of the year.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

oh trust me u will miss your jailbreak, should have just stayed on a jailbroken fw

3. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I also gave up my jailbreak when I got the 5S. There are a few tweaks I miss but I don't regret it one bit.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

While I think it unnecessary for everyone who intends to upgrade their iDevice to start their own thread, I agree with thread starter.

I migrated from a jailbroken iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 with 150 (yes, 150) Cydia hacks/apps to iPhone 5S on launch day.

As with ever new iDevice, using it temporarily in stock condition is not a big deal !

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

wow, 150 tweaks. crazy that it didnt crash a lot!

i did the same, really like the stock right now (knowing that i will jb soon).

6. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat. When the JB comes out I'll install it but I'm perfectly content with it.

Control center is by far my favorite, it doesn't compare to sbsettings but it's very much appreciated.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope, rock Solid - never even went into SafeMode but maybe one time every couple of months.

But then again, I take NO SHORTCUTS !

Always set up as new for every restore, NEVER restore to backup.
    I go thru and set my settings from scratch every restore, content restored through tabs in iTunes.

----------

There are really only about 10-20 hacks/tweaks I will install when JB is available (assuming the developers update them for iOS7).

Apple has added many of my tweaks with iOS7.

8. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I dumped the jb on my iPhone 5 for ios 7 and only miss the cydia tweak 'asktocall'.

Having my iPad jailbroken is of more use to me than my iPhone. This is a big u-turn as originally i thought jailbreaking the iPad wasn't worth it:D

9. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

I kept my jailbroken 4S and picked up a nano to microsim adapter so i can swap out between the 4s and 5s whenever i need a jailbreak fix or need one of features (voicemail forwarder) that are only for jailbroken devices.

10. buddybd macrumors 6502

I upgraded as well, and to be honest its not to bad right now. It's still a fresh experience so the lack of the Jb isn't hitting me yet, and I'm sure I'll be fine till one actually comes out.

11. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Just give me bitesms and maybe swype and I'll be happy!

12. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

No regrets here, but I still want iBlacklist.

13. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Erm.. call blocking built into ios7

14. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It doesn't offer the flexibility iblacklist does (according to other people)

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Very limited functionality

16. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I don't really miss my jailbreak lol, maybe we'll see some tweaks that expand TouchID, cause as of now, it is kinda useless lol, well not useless but not as good as it could be.

17. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

The folks quoted below understand that iBlacklist does a lot more than call blocking the way that iOS 7 does it.

You can *almost* emulate the job that iBlacklist does by manually manipulating the DND settings. But you're going to forget to manually change the DND settings at some point and annoy yourself or somebody important.

I'll tell you what's awesome, though:

iBlacklist + DND + Youmail

Complete, total and seamless, automatic domination of your noise levels. :)

Since Youmail went legitimate a couple of years ago, you can no longer substitute the Youmail interface directly into iOS Visual Voicemail. Having to put the Youmail application onto your phone isn't that big a deal, however.