Upgrading to iPhone - Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by three, Sep 20, 2009.

1. three macrumors 6502a

three

I am on a AT&T Family Plan shared with my parents. I am looking to upgrade to the iPhone 3GS and keep the same number. I have a couple questions before I go and upgrade.

1. I have unlimited texting on my current phone, will that transfer to the iPhone?
    2. I am aware of the $30 a month data charge for the iPhone, are there any other hidden charges with the upgrade that I should be aware about?
    3. I currently pay $40 a month for my current phone (includes unlimited texting and phone service), I understand that the iPhone will add $30 to that. Is that correct?

Thanks for answering these questions. I appreciate it.

2. lavinci macrumors 6502

No extra charges except the mandatory $30 data plan and since you want unlimited texting, that will cost you another $20.

3. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

yep, basic charges will be about 90$

40$ for basic voice package
    30$ for Iphone data package
    20$ for unlimited Text

You can do 1500 text messages for 15$ or 200 for 8$.

4. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

with unlimited text and data and 39.99 voice plan, I pay 98.47 a month with taxes.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I pay over $100 but I do have higher minutes. I tend to fluctuate too often to not basically over estimate.

6. three thread starter macrumors 6502a

three

Thanks for the replies, I am going to downgrade my texting to just 200 a month since the iPhone has Twitter applications. I have a estimate cost of what the iPhone will be per month now.