Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgurr1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Ok so I have an iPhone3G that is Jailbroken with 2.2 running 2.2 firmware. My question is how do I go about upgrading to firmware 2.2.1 with jailbreak 2.2.1? I'm currently d/l the 2.2.1 firmware from apple. Do I restore with that firmware and then run the new quickpwn? Will this restore the iPhone from the latest backup?

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
If you searched the forums, which is what you should have done before posting, you would have found this.

You restore via iTunes, upgrade, then jailbreak. You can then restore any of your settings from previous iTunes syncs.

cgurr1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Ok so I d/l the firmware and click restore, then click restore and update and my phone goes into recovery mode!!! how do I get out of this?!

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Try a reset by holding down both the power button and home key for about 15 seconds or until you see the apple logo in the middle of the phone.

idesign245

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I'm having an issue and not sure if anyone else is having the same one... I've restored my iPhone and downloaded the latest quickpwn, I go through the usual routine but after I hold down the power/home button and let go of the power button, it goes to the "quickpwn is about to run on your iPhone 3g" page but it just keeps the loading circle thingy going, and the status bar stays empty. I've tried it twice and it keeps happening.

Any ideas?

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
do you need to change theh USB drivers or use a hub for quickpwn maybe thats the issue?

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
I'm having an issue and not sure if anyone else is having the same one... I've restored my iPhone and downloaded the latest quickpwn, I go through the usual routine but after I hold down the power/home button and let go of the power button, it goes to the "quickpwn is about to run on your iPhone 3g" page but it just keeps the loading circle thingy going, and the status bar stays empty. I've tried it twice and it keeps happening.

Any ideas?

Your new Mac wont let you put your iPhone into DFU, so jailbreaking can't be done. Use a powered USB Hub to fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.