Upgrading to Leopard -- Some Concerns

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Grunze, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Grunze macrumors regular

Grunze

Hi,

I just picked up my copy of Leopard today, and I've since became concerned about the software is currently have installed. My plan is to do a simple upgrade to Leopard.

Will this render any of my software ineffective? Will I need to reinstall anything?
    I'm talking about software like CS3, Final Cut Studio, stuff like that.

Thanks! :)

(sorry if this question was already posted)

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I recommend when you install it to do an "Archive and Install." Be sure to have everything backed up just incase and if you have a spare hard drive around clone your drive just in case (its simple to do, do a search online for lots of different freeware to do it with.)

I have CS3 etc and have had zero issues with it (I use it daily, CS3 that is.)

3. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

uh

This question has been posted NUMEROUS times. There's even a thread whose sole existence is to discuss software that doesn't work with Leopard.

Do a simple search and you'll fine what you need.

4. Grunze thread starter macrumors regular

Grunze

Doesn't Archive and Install mean that I WILL have to reinstall my software after? I thought I read that in the manual.

Another concern. I know that there is a Final Cut Studio update for Leopard, however, if I install this and upgrade my Final Cut to 6.0.2, will my project files still be compatible with people using Final Cut 6.0?

Thanks!

5. Hmac macrumors 68020

I have CS3, Nikon Capture NX, Office, Final Cut Pro, bunch of other stuff.... all of which ran fine under Tiger. When I upgraded to Leopard, I just popped the disk in and followed the default prompts. I didn't archive/install. I'm not saying that's the best way, but it worked just fine for me and all the programs I use run fine. I certainly wouldn't be concerned about Apple-branded software.

6. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

No.

Should do, but if it doesn't, it's the responsibilty of the people you're working with to patch to 6.0.2. The patch is for everyone, not just Leopard users.

7. Grunze thread starter macrumors regular

Grunze

When you say CS3 works fine under Leopard, does that include After Effects?
    I read a press release from Adobe saying that the Adobe video apps will not work fine until upgrades are released in December or January?

(Thanks for all the help)