Upgrading to Mavericks: is it a problem with bootcamp Windows?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by evowel, Mar 25, 2014.

1. evowel macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using OS X 10.7.5 and a Windows 7 Ultimate with bootcamp right now. The thing is: i want to upgrade it to Mavericks but i have a little concern about this. I am very happy with my bootcamp windows, can anyone tell me that if i upgrade to Mavericks, will i have any problem about my bootcamp Windows? ..or aren't there any relation with it (that i hope)..

Sorry for my english and thank you from now on, cheers:)

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

You won't have any problem with it. I had BC since the days of ML, and when I upgraded to Mavericks, my BC partition was still there.

3. Sigs macrumors newbie

Bootcamp problem

I have just upgraded to Maverick from Snow Leopard and seem to have a problem getting my XP Bootcamp.
    After selecting Bootcamp Startup disk Mac closes down and then the Windows XP Splash screen appears as normal but then it goes into the BIOS screen and even though I select the options shown such as 'Start Computer Normally' it just returns to the BIOS screen again.

I notice that in Disk Utility the Bootcamp disk is still shown so it must be in the system somewhere, can anyone advise please. I am no techie so please keep it simple thanks.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Windows XP is no longer supported by the later versions of bootcamp.

5. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

My daughter upgraded her 13" MBP to Mavericks and all went fine: her Bootcamp partition was fully operational and didn't miss a beat.

I upgraded to Mavericks on my 2008 15" MBP and the upgrade process trashed the boot sectors of my BootCamp partition, and the only recourse was to completely reinstall BootCamp.

Both my daughter and I went from the same version of OSX to Mavericks within a week of each other.

There are several threads on Apple's discussion forums talking about this problem. Here is one of those threads.

Apple cannot explain why this happens to some users but not all. Proceed with caution.

6. Sigs macrumors newbie

Thanks for your comments guys. I think I might just get rid of my bootcamp partition as I don't use it so much nowadays.
    To wipe Bootcamp off the system can you tell me is there a special procedure for doing this.

7. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

Start Boot Camp Assistant, and select the option to remove Windows.

8. Sigs macrumors newbie