Upgrading to New 2009 iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingshrubb, Apr 14, 2009.

1. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

When the next new iPhone comes out how do you upgrade to it? Is it usually expensive to get rid of the old iPhone and transfer to the new one? I started using the iPhone when the 3G came out so I am not familiar with this process. Any thoughts? Thx =)

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Ahh booooooooo.

You just sync, it all transfers.

3. kingshrubb thread starter macrumors regular

kingshrubb

No I meant does it cost less to get the new iphone (when it comes out) if you have the old one already? Will I be eligible to upgrade since I'm a relatively new ATT customer? etc.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Nobody knows for sure. There are many threads on this..many many many.

But:

Most likely you will be able to pay an early upgrade fee to get the new iPhone as well as extending your contract to another 2 years.

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I have the original iPhone and got an email from O2 saying I can now upgrade to the 3g. It will still cost me the same amount but I can keep my old phone. Not much of an upgrade if you ask me.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Check online and see if you can upgrade. I bought the 3g about a month after it came out and I'm eligible for an upgrade at the reduced price. Of course I've also been with AT&T for 8 years. Just check online that will tell you whether you can or can't upgrade.

7. milani macrumors 68000

milani

No one even knows if there will be a new iPhone in 2009. Use the search please.