Upgrading to Snow Leopard (iTunes Help)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PolySciSurfer, Dec 18, 2009.

1. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

There are plenty of tutorials on how to move music from my Mac to an external hard drive, but I can't find any on how to move the music back to the computer. Here is my situation...

I have a Mac, and I want to do a clean install of Snow Leopard, but I don't want to lose all my music. So basically I want to move all my music, movies, tv shows to an external HD, then do a wipe and install of Snow Leopard, then put all my music etc back on my Mac. I know that in iTunes, I can move the music to the external HD by going to Preferences/Advanced/Change Media Folder Location to the External HD/Consolidate.

Now, if I want to get the music back onto the computer that now has a new install of Snow Leopard, what do I do? :confused:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've always just moved the music folder to an external drive and then move it back and never had issues. In fact I typically do this via Time Machine. I don't think I ever messed with the preferences or anything like that.

3. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Same here, I just drop the whole "iTunes" folder from my time machine backup drive. Everything except for my EQ setting is saved.