Upgrading to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bjb.butler, Sep 14, 2009.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Hello all!

I am going to be upgrading to snow leopard soon, but I have some questions about my iPhone.

I currently have an iPhone 3G unlocked & jail-broken running on T-Mobile USA. I believe that I heard something about the latest update (3.1?) making the iphone un-unlockable...

I was thinking of doing a clean install, but if I do so, will I have to restore the iPhone for it to be able to sync? When I restore , does iTunes automatically go out and get the latest firmware? Thanks for any advice

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

If you have a 3G and not 3Gs you should be able to create a 3.0.1 Jailbroken IPSW with Pwnage tool and then when you install iTunes 9 you should be able to just chose to restore with that Jailbroken IPSW.

Maybe look for confirmation that iTunes 9 works still, I'm pretty sure it does. Other than that, I think you're good.

3. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Ok, thanks a lot

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Oh! Idea. Test iTunes 9 with a custom IPSW BEFORE installing Snow Leopard. If it lets you then you're golden. :D

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OP, I'm running SL with a jailbroken 3GS 3.0.1 FW and everything was fine, and remains fine.... :cool: