Upgrading to the 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AshtonTS, Aug 19, 2014.

1. AshtonTS macrumors member

Hey guys, I currently have an iPhone 5S on verizon and I want to upgrade to the 6 when it comes out.
    My plan is to Sell my 5S (for around $450) a couple days before the announcement for the 6, port my number out to google voice which will cancel my verizon line and i pay the ETF, but i still have another line active on verizon, so it won't completely cancel my service.
    Then I plan on going without a phone or using a wifi only phone for the next couple weeks till the 6 is released, when I will start a new contract line for the 6 and then port my number back over from google voice.
    Will this work? Will verizon have a problem with me canceling a line and adding a new one so close to each other?
    Or will I be better off keeping the line I have active till after the 6 comes out, swapping the numbers, and canceling the 5S line and pay the ETF?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are you really going to be OK without a phone for a while? Keep in mind that not really knowing the supply and demand situation fully there's a possibility that you might not be able to get a phone for some time even after it's released.

3. AshtonTS thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'll be fine. I was thinking about maybe opening a non contract line with some cheap used phone I got from eBay or something.
    As for demand. I'm gonna stay up all night and order it as soon as it's available like I did with the 5S :p

4. AshtonTS thread starter macrumors member

5. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

My mom ordered 30 mins after sales opened, and she got her phone 3 weeks later.

The best thing you can do is, do you have any Verizon retail employee friends? Ask them to hold you a phone.

6. AndreaTa macrumors regular

Do you think that you will buy the iPhone 6 immediately when it releases? I think that you should wait someday after iPhone 6 releases to to sell your phone.