Price Advice Upgrading to the new magic keyboard & trackpad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jermy4, Oct 13, 2015.

1. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I currently use my macbook pro in clamshell mode a lot with the apple wireless keyboard and apple magic trackpad and I also purchased the apple battery charger with 6 rechargeable batteries. What do you think I could sell my current keyboard/trackpad/battery charger & batteries for on craigslist?

2. 3568358 macrumors 6502

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think your'e referring to the first gen Apple Wireless Accessories for Mac.

If they are in GREAT condition, sell em for about 70% of the original price.
    If they're in ok condition, sell them for about 40% of the original price.
    If they're heavily used and not in great condition, sell them for 15% of the original price.

You did state that you are selling them on craigslist, so remember not to throw a low-blow. Always start on the high end when selling, and negotiate for a lower sell price from there. For a quick painless transaction, go with what i stated above.

3. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

I bought them 4 years ago, not sure what gen that makes them but they are the bluetooth models that take AA batteries. They are still in good condition, no visible wear on the keyboard and the trackpad is still a trackpad :)

4. 3568358 macrumors 6502

They just released the second gen today, so it is the first gen!
    Very little wear/tear thats good! Sell em for between 70-90% the original price!

Screen Shot 2015-10-13 at 11.52.51 AM.png

5. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Slightly OT but be aware that if your MBP is the early 2011 or earlier model it won't support Bluetooth 4.0 needed by the new Magic Trackpad 2.

6. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Thanks for the heads up but I just purchased a 2015 rMPB a few weeks back and my previous machine was a 2011 MBA which also had BT 4.0.

7. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

I listed these on craigslist and haven't had any response at $100 for all 3. I wonder how long it will take to sell them locally.

8. 3568358 macrumors 6502

i honestly don't think craigslist is the best venue but

9. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

I would love to list them here on the marketplace but apparently I don't have enough posts even though I've been regularly visiting this website for 5+ years. Oh well.

10. 3568358 macrumors 6502

talk to support, see if you can get it listed on the marketplace.

11. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

I asked for permission to the marketplace, we'll see what they say. I don't know how set in stone the rules are so I'm not sure if they'll let me have access or not. Worth a try I guess.

12. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

No luck, they don't make exceptions to the rules ... the rules are there for a reason, etc. etc. etc.

13. 3568358 macrumors 6502

well shucks

14. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

15. jermy4 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Well I now have access to the marketplace but I'm going to wait until I get the new keyboard and trackpad before I list them for sale over there in case I don't like them. Just ordered the new magic keyboard and trackpad this morning and it says to expect delivery Wednesday ...

16. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Several people selling Mac accessories in Marketplace and each have several for sale. Be good to look for there post to see the marketplace value of them.