Upgrading to the newest version of flash on a 400mhz pm G4?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by raysfan81, Aug 4, 2010.

1. raysfan81 macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

I really don't know what to do about this. I can watch most youtube videos almost perfectly even in fullscreen and I don't know if this new update will help or hurt performance. I thouhgt i heard about not upgrading because the newest version hurt performance but i cant remember.

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

forget flashplayer it will only push your your processor and graphics card over their limits ,upgrade to safari 4.1 and enjoy html5
    http://www.youtube.com/html5

3. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

If you upgrade,first uninstall the version installed,uninstaller here.
    If you don't like the performance of this update,you can uninstall it and then install a previous version...

4. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

With Youtube, you can use the HTML5 version or the mobile version. Also, stay below version 10 with Flash Player. Adobe has download links to previous versions.

5. raysfan81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

The only problem with that would be im running panther right now and safari 4 is 10.4+ correct?

6. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Ouch

I own a PowerMac G4 400 and it will slow you down horribly if you upgrade that.

You can TRY html 5 - there are html5 compatible versions of Firefox, Opera and Safari but running Panther you may have problems.

If you can, upgrade that box to Tiger and that will at least be a little more current/faster.

My old G4/400 runs pretty decently on Tiger 10.4 with 2 gigs of ram but I did flash a ATI Radeon 8500 Card for it years ago and that's what's in it now.

7. raysfan81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

You don't happen to know what the most recently updated browser for panther is?