Upgrading tweaks want to remove TaiG

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zamudiovsky, Oct 31, 2015.

1. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

Hey guys, I've been trying to upgrade tweaks on Cydia but every single tweak I want to upgrade requires removing TaiG 8.1.3-8.x Untethered, any ideas of why that is happening?

I'm running an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Why do you have taig 8.1.3-8 installed on iOS 9?

3. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

not completely sure, I didn't install it myself :eek:

I did notice that when I jailbroke my phone all of the tweaks that I had before upgrading to iOS 9 installed too, so maybe it was included there? Is it safe to remove?

4. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

As long as you have the Pangu untether package, it should be safe to remove. This is all really strange though that your previous tweaks got installed since the system partition should wipe when updating.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

so you have pangu 9 and tag 8 installed? Did you use a cydia backup program?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

what 3rd party repos have you added?

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

OP might have Pangu for 8.1.3 installed which in combination with a backup will re-install the 'borrowed' TAIG untether causing problems

8. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't have any cydia backup program or anything.

I think I'm screwed, Cydia won't let me uninstall TaiG 8.1.3, and I can't do a clean install anymore, so I'll have to wait for the 9.1 jailbreak :(

9. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

If you have the xmodgames repo remove it from your sources and see if this fixes it.

10. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

I do not, I only have BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, ModMyi.com, Red Pand Dev Repo, ZodTTD repos, no more :(

11. HenryLong macrumors 6502

HenryLong

When going from iOS 8 to iOS 9 did you do a full restore or did you update your device?
    Also, may post a list of all your sources as well as packages currently installed.

12. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

I just updated, not a full restore which I thought I did when I jailbreak but I realized I just updated.

Repos: BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, ModMyi.com, Red Pand Dev Repo, ZodTTD

Packages: activator, andora theme, applist, appplus for snapchat, aveya, betterfiveicondock, bigBoss icon set, callbar, cydia installer, cydia substrate, cydia translations, frontcamUnMirror, instatools, itouch secure for ios 8, lyricForMusic, Patcyh, safehouse pro, seeblockedTweets, substrate safe mode, taig 8.1.3-8.X Untether, translucentCydia, transparentDock, upscale, winterboard, youtubed, zeppelin

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And that's what happens when people cannot follow directions.
    You never update a jb device to stock iOS update and then jb again.
    Jb 101
    You always do a full restore with iTunes and then jb again.
    I been telling people but there's always some that like to do it the easy and fast way like the op above ...

14. yasserSpears macrumors newbie

yasserSpears

i dont know if this will help u (i hope tho) try cydia impactor ( a tweek to restore the iphone but keeping the actual firmware) and then install pangu for 9.0.2 ;)

15. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

Will try that tonight! Thanks for the tip!

16. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh sorry man, I didn't hear you when you told people, my bad! :/

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

CI is not compatible w iOS 9, there is a beta of CI that might work though, but in his setup of jb update jb I would say it own't work properly, better to restore and lose the jb and have the phone working as it should.

18. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

I won't restore until 9.1 jailbreak is out, my tweaks actually work, it's just annoying that I can't remove TaiG... once the jailbreak is out I will restore and re jailbreak, but thanks for the help guys!

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I would think your battery consumption is more than average in your current setup and some stuff might not work as it should, but anyways if you are happy then you are happy

20. zamudiovsky thread starter macrumors regular

my battery lasts the same as before (about a day and a half) and I haven't had crashes or any random resprings, so it should be good for now :D