Upgrading Two Macs (Tiger + Leopard) to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PhilW, Aug 26, 2009.

1. PhilW macrumors newbie

I've got two Macs: one Tiger (iLife '06), and one Leopard (iLife '08) and I would like to upgrade both to Snow Leopard. I'm in the UK.

I need help finding the best price/capability compromise!
    I have looked at the prices for doing this and come up with the following options:

Most expensive option
    Buy the 5-user Mac Box Set (Including OS X Snow Leopard, iLife 09, iWork 09) for £179
    This way I've got both machines running the latest everything.
    Next Option
    Buy the Single User Leopard box set (including iLife/iWork 09) to upgrade the Mini to Leopard (£108.34) then buy the Snow Leopard family upgrade box to upgrade both machines to Snow Leopard (£39), total £147.34. This way I have iLife/iWork 09 on the MacMini but not the MacBook.
    Cheapest Option
    Buy the Single User Leopard disc to upgrade the Mini to Leopard (£68.99) then buy the Snow Leopard family upgrade box to upgrade both machines to Snow Leopard (£39), total £107.99.
    This way I have SL on both machines but iLife 06 and 08, not iLife 09.

I am also a student, so I might get an Education discount, but I can't find the prices out until I get back to my campus.

I would really appreciate any useful comments about the best way to upgrade two machines. Thanks, Phil.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Buy a cheap copy of 10.5 for the tiger machine, buy the 10.6 family pack.

3. Dunnart macrumors newbie

Check the licensing , but i'm pretty sure you can run iLife/iWork programs on your desktop AND 1 laptop. Therefore you could go with option 2 and have iLife/iWork 09 on both machines