Upgrading with AT&T Next

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominick624, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Dominick624 macrumors regular

Hi, I was just wondering if upgrading via AT&T next was available through apple.com.

So, say when the iPhone 6 comes out would I be able to upgrade through AT&T next on apple.com? Or is it only att.com?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i don't think so, you have to go through at&t or online. Not sure about best buy or any other store like that though.

3. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Apple store doesn't have the ability to do NEXT, at least yet.

4. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I work at Best Buy and no we don't do Next upgrades. Hoping this changes tho b/c it's annoying when AT&T texts a customer that they have an upgrade available and said customer thinks that it's a regular upgrade and they can go to best buy to do it, only for us to realize that it's a Next or Edge upgrade. We tell the customer that we can't do it and some get really pissed about it

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

With respect, none of have a crystal ball, so we can't predict the future.

We can only speculate what arrangements Apple will make with AT&T (and the other carriers) in the next seven months.

It is to Apple's advantage to allow this sort of upgrade. So presumably they'd like to make this happen. Will AT&T play ball? Will they make it work in time? Will such a system survive a launch-day assault? Answer these questions and you'll have your answer. :)

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Have to call AT&T or go to a Corporate Retail Store, I just upgraded/switched and called them, it was much easier, now I have a much lower monthly bill, 10GB instead of 6GB for the same $100.

Going forward I will pay full retail for my phone up front or finance it for free, prefer low monthly.