Upgrading your outdated mac is more like pay to upgrade...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Andynopoki, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Andynopoki macrumors newbie

Andynopoki

Why does apple have to do this!my mac is outdated and why do i have to pay another 1099$ to upgrade a outdated mac!this is unfair!i mean why just why!

2. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Why do I have to buy a new car every 10 years too? Stupid car manufactures making me pay another $20,000 for my new car!!!!

3. Andynopoki thread starter macrumors newbie

Andynopoki

im not playing around i really want to download a game on my computer and i cant get it since my dumb computer is outdated i really want a free upgrade not just buying a 1099$ computer:mad:.i really wish the upgrade was like 59.99$.im not being funny

4. jerwin macrumors 65816

which game is this, and what imac are you using?

5. Andynopoki thread starter macrumors newbie

Andynopoki

i amusing 21 inch mac and i bought it in 2006
    and the game i wanted to get was a game from steam called team fortress 2 and it doesint even supoort my stupid mac version

6. jerwin macrumors 65816

Is that so?

Screen Shot 1.png

The early 2006 iMac 20 inch has an X1600, a 2.0 Ghz Core Duo, and up to 2.0 GB of Ram

The Late 2006 iMac 20 inch has an X1600, a 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo and up to 3.0 GB Ram.

Of course, it's still obsolete, but technically... it could run TF2.

7. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Team Fortress is from like 2006 lol. Hit the Apple Logo, and go to "About This Mac". What does it say?

8. jerwin macrumors 65816

The cheapest upgrade might just be bootcamp/ some version of windows. Though the great majority of potential TF2 rivals wlll have better machines and a competitive advantage.

9. UKgaryb macrumors regular

So, you have a 9 year old computer that is still going; and you want them to deliver you a brand new machine for 59.99? Seriously? i smell troll thread.

Edit:

Is it saying your OS X version is out of date? We need some specs of your machine here.

10. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No you are not being funny you are being ridiculous, 9 years for any computer is brilliant service and if you now need a new one for your needs then welcome to the real world.

As others on the thread have shown your mac will run that game, it makes your ridiculous tirade even more outrageous.

11. dingster1 macrumors regular

Did I miss a sarcasm tag somewhere?? 9 yrs...

12. Liffey macrumors regular

How old are you? Your posts read like you're 13 or younger.

If that's the case, I'm just going to go ahead and let you know that in life, companies don't give you free stuff. When you want things you have to buy them. Tough stuff, I know.

13. Andynopoki thread starter macrumors newbie

Andynopoki

You guys are just unhelpful!Im not even trolling!Reasons why 9 years is because my dad couldn't afford a mac!!!!!

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Cars don't typically last 9 years and you're complaining about a 9 year old computer not capable of running newer software?

You have a choice, don't play the game, or buy a new computer.

15. Ipadilac macrumors member

Ipadilac

What kind of cars you buying if you can't get more than 9 years of service out of them? KIA?

16. jsaunders macrumors newbie

jsaunders

If you wanna game, build a PC desktop. Then you can upgrade piece by piece if necessary. Also mouse drivers for mac leave a lot to be desired(as of the last time I tried) and as much as love all my mac products... I still think for gaming all the hardware/software is designed with PC in mind

17. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Cars made in the last 15-20 years tend to last much longer than 9 years. You may not keep them that long, but that doesn't mean they aren't still viable.

18. jerwin macrumors 65816

because the imac lacks a user accessible pci slot, you cannot simply plug in a sixty dollar video card (which tennd to be priced well in excess of their processing power. However, the windows version of the game has considerably lower minimum tequirements. In desperation, one could install bootcamp...

But I suspect that a new windows PC is far more cost effective, possibly even at logical increment's destitute tier