Upgrading your outdated mac is more like pay to upgrade...

Andynopoki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
Why does apple have to do this!my mac is outdated and why do i have to pay another 1099$ to upgrade a outdated mac!this is unfair!i mean why just why!

Andynopoki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
im not playing around i really want to download a game on my computer and i cant get it since my dumb computer is outdated i really want a free upgrade not just buying a 1099$ computer:mad:.i really wish the upgrade was like 59.99$.im not being funny

Andynopoki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
i amusing 21 inch mac and i bought it in 2006
and the game i wanted to get was a game from steam called team fortress 2 and it doesint even supoort my stupid mac version

jerwin

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2015
Is that so?

Screen Shot 1.png

The early 2006 iMac 20 inch has an X1600, a 2.0 Ghz Core Duo, and up to 2.0 GB of Ram

The Late 2006 iMac 20 inch has an X1600, a 2.2 Ghz Core 2 Duo and up to 3.0 GB Ram.

Of course, it's still obsolete, but technically... it could run TF2.

Reactions: BigHonkingDeal

Nyy8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2011
New England
Team Fortress is from like 2006 lol. Hit the Apple Logo, and go to "About This Mac". What does it say?

jerwin

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2015
The cheapest upgrade might just be bootcamp/ some version of windows. Though the great majority of potential TF2 rivals wlll have better machines and a competitive advantage.

Reactions: sasha.danielle

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
im not playing around i really want to download a game on my computer and i cant get it since my dumb computer is outdated i really want a free upgrade not just buying a 1099$ computer:mad:.i really wish the upgrade was like 59.99$.im not being funny
No you are not being funny you are being ridiculous, 9 years for any computer is brilliant service and if you now need a new one for your needs then welcome to the real world.

As others on the thread have shown your mac will run that game, it makes your ridiculous tirade even more outrageous.

Liffey

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2010
How old are you? Your posts read like you're 13 or younger.

If that's the case, I'm just going to go ahead and let you know that in life, companies don't give you free stuff. When you want things you have to buy them. Tough stuff, I know.

Andynopoki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
You guys are just unhelpful!Im not even trolling!Reasons why 9 years is because my dad couldn't afford a mac!!!!!

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
You guys are just unhelpful!Im not even trolling!Reasons why 9 years is because my dad couldn't afford a mac!!!!!
Cars don't typically last 9 years and you're complaining about a 9 year old computer not capable of running newer software?

You have a choice, don't play the game, or buy a new computer.

Ipadilac

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Minnesota
Cars don't typically last 9 years and you're complaining about a 9 year old computer not capable of running newer software?

You have a choice, don't play the game, or buy a new computer.

What kind of cars you buying if you can't get more than 9 years of service out of them? KIA?

jsaunders

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2016
If you wanna game, build a PC desktop. Then you can upgrade piece by piece if necessary. Also mouse drivers for mac leave a lot to be desired(as of the last time I tried) and as much as love all my mac products... I still think for gaming all the hardware/software is designed with PC in mind

jerwin

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2015
because the imac lacks a user accessible pci slot, you cannot simply plug in a sixty dollar video card (which tennd to be priced well in excess of their processing power. However, the windows version of the game has considerably lower minimum tequirements. In desperation, one could install bootcamp...

But I suspect that a new windows PC is far more cost effective, possibly even at logical increment's destitute tier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.