Upgrading..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rambo416, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Rambo416 macrumors newbie

Hey there this is my first post on this so take it easy on me. My parents bought me a Macbook pro for my 19th birthday in September of this year for college, I love this thing but the battery isn't what I expected. The Apple "Genius" that helped me choose it out told me (I think this is what he told me or maybe I heard wrong) was a way to reset the battery or something like drain the battery then charge it then drain it again I don't remember exactly but yeah, is this true?

Also I'm gonna post my MBP specs, I want you guys to let me know if I need any upgrades so I don't run into problems in the future or if you guys can just let me know what I can do to make the computer a bit faster. Thanks!

13" Mid 2012 MBP
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Also is 79 battery cycle's a good number for when I bought it (Sep 21st 2013)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There is no such procedure that you need to do. The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    That depends on your use patterns. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

3. mitasol macrumors newbie

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it doesn't apply to the OP's model. Read the whole page.

5. mitasol macrumors newbie