Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
So it turns out that I won't be eligible for an upgrade until June 25. I was going to pre-order, but now it makes no sense if I'd only have to wait one day to avoid the extra $18 fee. If I reserve a phone at the Apple store, would it still be available for pickup the next day? Also, since I'll be using my mom's upgrade do I need to go ATT to switch over cell phone numbers before or after I sync it to my computer?

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
So it turns out that I won't be eligible for an upgrade until June 25. I was going to pre-order, but now it makes no sense if I'd only have to wait one day to avoid the extra $18 fee. If I reserve a phone at the Apple store, would it still be available for pickup the next day? Also, since I'll be using my mom's upgrade do I need to go ATT to switch over cell phone numbers before or after I sync it to my computer?

Ok so you are eligible for the FULL discount for the iPhone4 on June 25th correct? You do know that if you are eligible for an upgrade anytime in 2010 your will get the full discounted price correct? Steve Jobs and AT&T said they are giving 6 months early for those who are not eligible now but will be before the end of the year.

And if that's the case I don't believe you will be able to pre-order you will have to wait till the 25th to do so.

Tara Luvs Apple

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008

Just because you wait until you can receive the full upgrade price does not mean that the upgrade fee is waived. That is always charged to you.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Just because you wait until you can receive the full upgrade price does not mean that the upgrade fee is waived. That is always charged to you.

That is of course, unless you get that text from calling *639# saying it has been waived. ;)

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
That upgrade fee is cr*p! I am getting so sick of all these small fees. AT&T already makes us pay for the data plan with the iPhone and now extra to tether it. Come on!

TerryJoyce

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Come to the UK the only fees you have are if you want to upgrade very early. But we never have the small fee to upgrade.

I also think that as Americans you get ripped off as you have no second iPhone provider therefore you can't get a competitive pricing.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

Reserve last year was only a one day hold. So 24th. Next day they released any reserved not picked up on release day.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Reserve last year was only a one day hold. So 24th. Next day they released any reserved not picked up on release day.

There's so much conflicting information. I contacted AT&T on Facebook and they told me that if you pre-order for store pickup, you can't pick up until the 25th anyway!

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
There's so much conflicting information. I contacted AT&T on Facebook and they told me that if you pre-order for store pickup, you can't pick up until the 25th anyway!

Sorry, I was referring to the Apple store only. And reserve, not pre-order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.