Upgrae iphone 4 on 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by b7ish, Mar 29, 2012.

1. b7ish macrumors newbie

Hi Frens!

I have a iphone 4 with firmware 4.3.5 and bb 04.10, would you please suggest me how to upgrade my iphone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 instead of 5.1 as I want to have unthered jailbreak? Also, I wan to preserve my basband. How can I do that?

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

I can't vouch for it, so do it at your own risk, but this site seems to give details on how it can be done.

3. b7ish thread starter macrumors newbie

iOS 5.0.1

Thank you for suggestion, however, I would like to upgrade my iphone 4 to iOS 5.0.1 instead of 5.1 and preserving my basband. Any reliable suggestion or guidance?

4. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Ah ok, well try following this guide then. Again, I can't vouch for it, so do it at your own risk, but it's a pretty tried-and-tested method.

5. b7ish thread starter macrumors newbie

I am grateful for your quick response, however, I heard Apple stopped signing iOS 5.0.1 but I still can upgrade custom iOS 5.0.1 to my iphone?

6. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

As I understand it, yes, Apple stopped signing iOS 5.0.1, but I thought that meant that you were unable to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.0.1. I THINK you should still be able to upgrade to 5.0.1 just fine. But as I've been saying throughout, I'm not 100% sure, but that's what I think.