upload dvd to itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ridgetop, Jul 30, 2008.

1. ridgetop macrumors newbie

I am able to upload my cd's to itunes but am unable to upload dvd's i own to itunes. I want to upload some movies so i can download to my iphone 3g. I was told on the apple site it was because they were copy protected. If this is so then that means i have too purchase the movies again through itunes. That does not sound right. Does anyone Know? Thanks

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Use Handbrake or MacTheRipper to convert your DVDs to .m4v format, then import those to iTunes.

3. gocardsfan1 macrumors member

I tried Handbrake on my windows laptop, and found it didn't work too well. The mac version is probably better, but I would use MacTheRipper. It is free, and I have heard great things about it. I would recommend searching YouTube for some tutorials, they have some good videos on there.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The DMCA along with the DRM on DVDs prevents you from making legal backups in iTunes. Handbrake or MacTheRipper will do what is needed. The Former will even encode them to the correct settings for your particular iPod/iPhone and import them into iTunes.

TEG

5. muldul macrumors 6502

I use handbrake on my mac and magic dvd ripper on my pc, i prefer magic dvd ripper

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

iSquint or VisualHub are also good options for what the OP is trying to accomplish.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

For Windows, AnyDVD HD is pimp, but it's not free, but it rips Bluray and HD-DVD.

8. ridgetop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who posted. I tried handbrake and mac the ripper but could not get them to work. Magic is working great. I guess i forgot to say i am using windows xp, yuk. Thanks again because i did not want to purchase these movies again.

9. ROCKYSHAW 1 macrumors newbie

Rockyshaw 1

IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE UPLOADING A CD OR DVD. ALL THAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS TYPE. upload a cd to apple itunes upload OR IF IT IS A DVD, YOU MUST TYPE. upload a dvd to apple itunes upload

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

This makes no sense.