Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfroyle

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2004
I have a Powershot S45 and for various reasons wanted to transfer some photos FROM the Mac TO the CF card on the S45 without using a card reader (seeing I don't have one).

Can it be done?

After googling and reading a variety of help pages, I came across the following lines in the documentation for the Mac's supplied "Image Capture" program..

--

Connect your camera, and open Image Capture.
Click Download Some.
Drag the items you want to transfer to the window.

Image Capture displays a window that lists the files to transfer. If your device supports it, this window also lets you scale the images so that they fit your device's display.

Click Upload.

--

The only snag is that it doesn't do that for me... I connected, opened, clicked and dragged as instructed. But nothing happened - no window appeared with an Upload button. In fact, all that happened was the icon for the dragged file "flew back" to its original position like when you try and drop something somewhere it isn't meant to go...

I also read somewhere that some cameras get mounted as volumes on the desktop on connecting.. but mine doesn't. Is that something the user can control, or does it just happen to work for some cameras?

Cheers

Gordon

Applespider

macrumors G4
gfroyle said:
I also read somewhere that some cameras get mounted as volumes on the desktop on connecting.. but mine doesn't. Is that something the user can control, or does it just happen to work for some cameras?

Nope, it depends on the camera. My Canon S30 didn't mount. My current Fuji F10 does. I resorted to the CF card reader while I was using the S30

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.