Upload Pages Documents to iCloud in 10.8

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by MBP123, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

When launching Pages for the first time in 10.8, I am asked to drag files from my Documents folder into iCloud if I would like to access them via iCloud on any other device with Pages, which I certainly would. However, most of my documents are in nested/hierarchical folders, and apparently I cannot move an entire folder unless it only contains Pages documents. Is this the case?

Am I really expected to drill down in every single folder to individually select each pages document to copy it over? If so, I likely won't be using iCloud to store any documents in the near (or distant) future.

2. andrewcroberts macrumors newbie

It does seem that way. :mad:

I suppose the CMD+A command and CMD Clicking will have to do then.

3. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

What a letdown. That's definitely not going to fly considering I have hundreds of different folders with many different document types in them.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Why not a saved spotlight search on pages documents?

5. andrewcroberts macrumors newbie

Brilliant! :) Why didn't I think of that. Thanks, saved me quite a bit of time.

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

No worries. Computers are great for these manual repetitive tasks, but sometimes we forget what they can do. :)

7. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah but that's just one big document dump, completely undoing all semblance of organization.

8. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

This is apparently the new Apple way, because organising stuff in folders is not natural and too difficult for normal users.... I mean it's exactly how people organise their documents in the real world. I walk around the office and see that everyone has all of their documents in one big pile on the desk. :rolleyes: