Upload pic to facebook direct from camera app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jcia, Dec 5, 2010.

1. jcia macrumors member

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way (maybe a cydia app?) to upload a picture directly from the Camera app to Facebook. For example after taking a picture, you see the preview and click on the bottom left button and it says send email, mm, etc., but there is no way to upload it, either to facebook or another social network. I ask this because where I work I sometimes need to take pictures and upload them facebook and other social networks quickly. The way I do it now is open the facebook app and then select to upload a picture and then take the picture, but sometimes is not quick enough for me, so the way I do it, is to open the camera app take the picture quick and then go to the facebook app and upload it. But that is time consuming (even if it's just 1 min, it adds up).

Anyway, I used to have a BB, and when I took a picture it gave me the option to upload it to FB right there from the camera app. Is there a way to include this type of functionality on the iphone?

Thanks.

2. jcia, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

jcia thread starter macrumors member

Done

After searching more on Google, I found out that facebook has an option to give you a personalized E-mail address where you can send pictures to, in order to be automatically uploaded. So now I can just create a FBook contact on my iphone and send an Email to that contact to upload the pics.

Sorry for posting before I searched for any alternative solution.

3. ckc macrumors regular

The email upload is a quick & easy option to upload photos or anything else to FB.

One thing worth remembering is that any text you want to put on your FB status must all be put in the 'subject' line of the email, otherwise it will not appear on FB.