Upload pictures from iphoto 08-argh

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sweener88, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hey!
    im trying to upload pictures from my mac to facebook (no bashin lol) and i have a question: when i try to locate my photo on my harddrive, my iphoto library appears as an entire folder instead of multiple folders with my individual pictrure files. what can i do! help! thanks!

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

try dragging the files to the desktop. delete them when you're done uploading.

3. Sweener88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sweener88

one solution i found was to right click the library and go to "show package contents" and then drag to desktop, gunan eb a pain for people who need to update many photos tho, geez i hope :apple: comes up with a solution.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

in iphoto, either drag the picture to the desktop, or if you want it resized...
    in iphoto, select image, go to file>export.

5. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

there's a cool facebook iPhoto plugin you can download. It adds a facebook tab to the Export section of iPhoto, and you can tag people in it and everything. Makes uploading to facebook really easy.

6. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

If you dragged from the Finder, i.e. the iPhoto library, to the desktop and deleted, then that was a very bad move. If you dragged from within iPhoto, then that's different.

7. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

I know that from within file choosing dialogues you can drag & drop a file from any location to the dialog (?) and it will change path and file to that one.

So can't you just drag the image directly from iPhoto to the file choosing dialog (how is it spelled?)

8. aliquis- macrumors 6502a

I just tried my suggestion myself and it worked.