Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tarkmiddy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Hello,

I was having some upload problems with Snow Leopard so did a clean install and still have the same problems.

Primarily images don't always upload properly especially with web uploaders or directly from google picasa...here's an example of how the images turn out

http://picasaweb.google.com/marktiddy/LondonBaby#5428050718778065234

I also have problems with flash uploaders which freeze firefox.

Any suggestions? This problem is so frustrating!

tHANKS

freeman727

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
I too have the same problem. Uploading pics to Ebay and Picasa. Uploading videos to Youtube. Funny thing is when I do the same tasks in Boot Camp I have no problems whatsoever. WEIRD!! I thought Mac was better :mad: It makes me made that I have to go over to boot camp to circumvent this problem.

Burnso

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Same problem!

I also have this problem, it is extremely annoying to have to go through bootcamp to upload things. And here I thought this was were the MAC was supposed to excel...

Now, the problem I have is uploading different sorts of media. On vimeo.com I cannot use the flash uploader, that just ends up with a spinning beach ball of death. If I use the basic uploader the video ends up really crappy.

On flickr I have problems using BOTH the uploadr and iPhoto.

Also on my joomla-built site I can't upload most pictures (some smaller are fine, and jpgs but never pngs) then they just end up like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48232588@N05/4440989725/
What's interesting here is that if I upload them with FileZilla (FTP client) they end up looking fine.

So, these might be different problems but what it seems like when I type it out like this is that it might have to do with file sizes or how much the mac will upload at once before taking a time out. Stuff like that, since small jpgs work but not pngs (same with videos on vimeo).

Please, help, I'm running a MacBook Pro on Snow Leopard and I'm very new to this stuff so I'll need some help getting this issue solved. I BEG of you! Atleast help me get this thread noticed!

goofytruax

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2010
Solution

I am having this same problem. I was wondering if it could be caused by the router not liking OS X, since Windows doesn't have the problem. I'm running a D-link 655. This problem is driving my wife crazy and I would like to solve it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.