Upload sister's iPhoto Library to her Flickr account using my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Azzin, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all & season's greetings to everyone.

My sister has had her MBP stolen.

She had a huge photo library in iPhoto that she is desperate for and fortunately, she did a manual backup of various folders about 3 days before the break in.

So, my questions initially, are:

1) Can I plug her external HDD into my MBP and somehow get iPhoto to open her library instead of my own?

2) Assuming I can do the above, what's the best method of then getting her photos and albums into her Flickr account?

I came across Flickr Export for iPhoto: http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/flickrexport/ (but figured it would be far better to ask you folks here first).

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You don't need to open them in iPhoto to upload them. You can go to flikr and point it to the folder on the hdd

3. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Sorry, I should have been clearer-whilst she did a backup, what she grabbed was the 12GB iPhoto Library file (as opposed to folders full of photos).

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Hold the control key when clicking that file and select show package contents. Then open the data no index file. The folders are in the usually listed by date.

This can be done from within the flikr uploaded tool.

Or if you wanted to you could make a new user account on your Mac and then open the library in iPhoto from their. This way your library stays separate.

Either way