Upload to web via iPhoto

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Learjet035, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Learjet035 macrumors 6502

I normally just drag from iPhoto to desktop, then when the web asks to "upload file" I just nav to desktop and upload, then delete.

My buddy just switched from PC and is trying to delve into the iphoto library to find the files and upload which is about to make him pull his hair out.

Is there any easier way that I'm missing?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

You are doing it one of the right ways -- there are several. Your friend would do well to stay out of the iPhoto library. The app organizes that library so that it can function properly. Messing about in there will only lead to corruption, loss of photos, etc. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself and you/he/she and your photos will be much happier. Help your friend get rid of the Windows ways, and into the easy ways of the mac.

3. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    I dont think that this is a Windows way. It just make sense that you dont want to duplicate a file on your HD just to upload it. I don't really like those "Libraries" like iTunes or iPhoto where you don't now what's happening.

What would be the procedure to follow if the amount of photo is very big, let's say 30GB ? Does it mean that we have to 1st copy and duplicate the 30GB which is time and space consuming just to be able to upload them ?

Tex