upload video from my Sony TRV250

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by mesch, May 9, 2012.

1. mesch macrumors newbie

I want to upload video from my Sony TRV250 to my mac pro. The firewire has no input on the side of the computer. Is there a converter I need to purchase to make the connection or can I do it with a USB cable.

2. richisgame macrumors newbie

What do you mean by:
    Do you specifically mean that, the firewire cable you have, though it can plug into your camera, it has no matching port on your MacPro to plug your firewire cable in?

I am assuming this your firewire cable.
    A, to 6-pin (left side, old firewire 400) to 4-pin (right side, camera port)

[​IMG]

And these, are your MacPro's, back ports. Notice there are no corresponding firewire 400, (6-pin) ports. There are only firewire 800 ports

[​IMG]

If this is what you mean, then your problem is the camera-to-computer firewire cable you have, (4-pin to 6-pin), is basically trash, and you need to buy a, "firewire 4-pin to 9-pin," cable like this one.

[​IMG]

Some people might suggest you get a, 6-pin to 9-pin adapter, such as this...

[​IMG]

...to supposedly make your 4-6 pin firewire cable compatible, but camera to computer firewire connections can be very finicky, and not be recognizable by the computer, (causing loss of hair), so I do not suggest you go this route.

Hope this helps! :)