Uploaded pdf to ipod touch without apps - can't see it anywhere - how do I delete it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ashenlikelove, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ashenlikelove macrumors newbie

Dear all,
    sorry I am new to the forum and I tried to look up in previous thread how to solve my problem but apparently nobody's been so stupid as to try to upload a pdf on the iPod Touch just like that, without an app that supports it. Yes, of course I am a girl :)
    So I tried to upload a pdf on the ipod touch I got this summer directly to iTunes it hoping it would show up somewhere, working as a hard disk or something- I know it was very silly, do you think it's there somewhere at all and is it taking up space even though I don't see it? is there a way in which I can find it and delete it?
    Thanks a lot for your help...

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Just for fun, I just tried this myself. Although it looks like the file is being added to iTunes (like when you drag music in), it's not going anywhere that I can tell. The file doesn't appear in iTunes and I don't find it in the iTunes library folders. Lastly, doing a Spotlight search afterward only shows me the one copy of the file. So, I think you're fine and have no worries.

You could find and download a free PDF reader app and see if the file shows up in the app but I'm pretty sure that it won't. For programs that use file formats that are not directly supported by the device, you usually have to load the file into the program from the Device screen in iTunes.