Uploaded photos are nowhere to be found! EEK!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thatoneguy7, Jul 13, 2008.

1. thatoneguy7 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I just uploaded some pics to iphoto and they do not seem to be anywhere on my computer or on my camera. Needless to say, they were important and I am freaking out.

Here's what I did: iphoto didn't open when I connected my disc, so I opened it myself and went to File, "add to library." When I imported, the only pictures that came through were ones I had put on my card from my library so that I could print them out. These re-uploaded onto my computer, but the new pictures (which I am certain were on the disc) are nowhere to be found.

I did not click any delete options and when I go to my hard drive and look under photos, there is a folder with today's date, but nothing is in the folder.

Is there some obvious thing I am missing, or are my precious memories gone forever?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Signed,
    :(

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There are several data recovery programs that can pull deleted data, including off of camera cards.

3. thatoneguy7 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks...where?

Thanks for the tip. Where might I find them? Are they free?

Anyone else have any advice? The lack of responses makes me think it is a lost cause...am I right?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

I strongly suspect that writing those files to your card is the problem. It over wrote the images that were lready on the card.

What you need is some software that can "un-delete" files from a FAT format device. there is plenty of that around. But you are not likely to be able to recover everything.

Next time, you need to develope a workflow that creates a good backup as the very first step. Details don't matter. The first step is to make a copy of the data BEFORE writing to the card.