Uploading Apple Ipod to PC

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gregs, Nov 25, 2007.

1. gregs macrumors newbie

Looking for a way to upload an Apple Ipod to Itunes in a PC. Help?

2. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

You need macdrive for the PC to recognize a Mac formatted iPod.

3. gregs thread starter macrumors newbie

MacDrive

Before posting I donwloaded a free 2 week version of Mac Drive. When I connected the Mac Ipod to my computer, first it recognized it in my hard drives but after Itunes prompts me to cancel or reformat Ipod and I cancel so not to autosync, the prompt on my computer for the Ipod disappears!

4. hecks macrumors regular

What is it you're actually trying to do? If you just want to sync your content with iTunes, just use the Sync button in your PC version of iTunes - no need for macdrive or the like. The iPod Touch doesn't have a Disk Mode like the other iPods, so there's no 'PC' or 'Mac' formatting to worry about.

5. vegas-steven macrumors regular

here is the problem:

I use boot camp to boot windows and os x on the same machine. Since sometimes I dont want to reboot from windows to mac to upload songs to my iPod touch, it would be nice to use iTunes in windows.

Now, as iTunes in osx creates an iTunes library on your hfs formatted drive and windows doesn't see hfs drives then you cannot import your iTunes library into your windows installation of iTunes.

Personally all I want to do myself is be able to upload new music from windows not take music from the iPod and transfer to windows.

I think the OP wants to take his mac iPod and send ALL his music to a windows of.

6. hecks macrumors regular

Then since there is no "mac iPod" or "PC iPod" when it comes to the iPod Touch, he just needs to Sync with his Windows version of iTunes.

If the OP could clarify exactly what he's trying to do, it would be helpful.