Uploading MP3's to YouTube

Discussion in 'macOS' started by columbus, Jan 12, 2010.

1. columbus macrumors newbie

I had no idea it was so difficult to upload a simple MP3 to YouTube. How would I do this under OS X?

2. columbus thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it's really funny that you mention those two links, because I was just there.

AppleMacVideo: their recommended tool, WonderShare video converter, doesn't appear to work. I created FLV, MP4 videos from an MP3 and uploaded them, and YouTube said there were errors. Maybe it's different with the registered version but there's no way I'm going to pay money for a product whose demo version is broken.

MP32Tube: Again, I tried uploading an MP3 but YouTube said there were errors converting it. Even if it worked, I'm willing to pay for software that does NOT plaster its ads all over my uploaded audio.

3. ProfMonnitoff macrumors newbie

In iMovie you can drag in an mp3, then drag in a picture and then manually set it to appear for as long as the mp3 is playing. It's a bit of a clumsy hack, but it gets the job done.

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

Well...mainly it's because YouTube is for uploading video/movies...not for uploading sound files. ;)

Prof's method probably your cheapest/easiest...especially with the current versions of iMovie which allow you to share directly with YouTube.