Uploading photoshop file to SIG?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by APPLEFAN8, Jan 1, 2008.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

How do I upload a photoshop file to a signature? I changed the name to .jpg so I could upload it using imageshack but the file is 2.7mb and imageshack only allows 1.5mb. What can I do to my photo so it gets down to 1.5mb in photoshop? I'm just wondering because i'm new to photoshop.

2. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

When you save the file, just change the quality of the picture to a lower quality to reduce the file size. You won't really be able to see any difference unless you zoom up close.

3. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I did that but when I go to upload it using imageshack(its a jpg) it says the file is bigger then 60000x60000 and its not my file is 400x300! WTH is up with this?

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Just changing the extension from .psd to .jpg won't work, as that's simply a tool for Windows-based systems to know what to open a file with, not the actual file type. Open the file in PS, then "Save As..." a JPG (or PNG, TIFF). If the quality and file size options aren't available in PS, then GIF Converter manages that quite well (I use it a tone to get files to an appropriate size/quality combo for MR attachments)