uploading videos on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mitchy Brehd, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Mitchy Brehd macrumors newbie

alright i know how to upload them haha drag and drop but my friend made a video and i downloaded it and am trying to put it on my ipod touch.
    its in itunes and everything. i recently upgraded to 2.1 but before that i could put whatever movies i wanted on it.
    nowwwwwww it seems that you can only upload videos that came off of itunes????

anybody know if this is true.

i get the error message
    "Movie title" was not copied to the ipod "Mitchells ipod" because it cannot be played on this ipod."

when obviously ipod touches can play movioes.

please help

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

The movie needs to be in a specific format for the iPod touch to be able to play it. Generally a video that is encoded in H.264 is required, and or some other types of quicktime style videos.

Try downloading a program called iSquint (if you are on a mac), drag it onto that, and encode it properly for your iPod touch. Otherwise do a search on "Encoding video for iPod" or check our Guides on this subject.

[​IMG]

3. Mitchy Brehd thread starter macrumors newbie

its in the .mov format.

i have isquint. ill try that right now.

4. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Yes, but just because it plays in iTunes (on your computer) doesn't mean it's formatted for the iPod. Case in point: the movies in my iTunes formatted for my AppleTV don't transfer to my iPods.

Either run the video through iSquint or click on Advanced in the menu bar --> Create iPod version

eta: nevermind--stupid slow fingers

5. Mitchy Brehd thread starter macrumors newbie

haha i did both. roflll
    thanks for your help. ill let you know if it doesnt work:D