Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zz2k9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Hello All,

Cant find a solution to my question on google, so here it goes.
My macbook pro 15 has two hard drives, OWC data doubler.
On the main SSD i have the usual, but on the second I have Adobe CS6 installed. The question is will i be able to carry on using this setup as it is once i upgrade to ML or will i have to reinstall it CS6 completely. Yesterday i did a clean install of Lion on the SSD and when i tried opening photoshop, it produced an error message saying I have to reinstall or contact support.

Thanks

littledude8209

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Hello All,

Cant find a solution to my question on google, so here it goes.
My macbook pro 15 has two hard drives, OWC data doubler.
On the main SSD i have the usual, but on the second I have Adobe CS6 installed. The question is will i be able to carry on using this setup as it is once i upgrade to ML or will i have to reinstall it CS6 completely. Yesterday i did a clean install of Lion on the SSD and when i tried opening photoshop, it produced an error message saying I have to reinstall or contact support.

Thanks

My best solution would be before you do any reinstalling of the OS, you should deactivate CS6 (or any other version) and do a clean install once you have your system back. The creative suite is really finnicky, and it would be a shame to lose one of your two installs on a lost system.

zz2k9

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. I was in two minds over upgrading or clean installing, but I will for sure follow your advice.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.