UPS address change question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isaihtb11, Sep 24, 2015.

1. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

I need to change the address for my phone shipment through my choice. The problem is that if I change the address, my choice is showing that the new delivery date will be Monday (even though the new address gets packages from the same truck/facility. Should I chance it or try something else?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I had the same issue when I asked it to change delivery to a hold at the local UPS store. As others said, it should eventually change back to Friday. I would call and ask.

3. flur macrumors 68000

It might be a better bet to have it held at the hub (CC). The messed up thing about these is that they're not normal UPS deliveries - Apple is making UPS manipulate them to ensure they don't go to customers too early. If you have it held at your hub, you're not really changing anything other than that they don't have to put it on the truck, so it shouldn't delay it at all.

4. plopbellie macrumors member

plopbellie

however, if you set it up for pickup, your state id HAS to match the address on the package. otherwise, they will not allow you to pick it up. (per a conversation with a UPS rep through email)

5. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

I think you should just have it held at your local hub (Customer Center) to be safe. That won't delay you.

6. AppleChic76 macrumors 6502

AppleChic76

That's their procedure. However I know from personal experience that if they don't match all you have to do is bring a bill with you that shows your name attached to the same address as the phone.

7. plopbellie macrumors member

plopbellie

The thing is though, maybe not in this case, but people have ordered phones to their workplaces, but want to pick them up. I don't think people have bills come to them at their workplace. OP probably doesn't mean this, but its worth bringing up for that reason.

8. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

If you are changing address for today for a scheduled delivery tomorrow there is a good chance you will wait until Monday. Have it held at the center. Also, if it is AT&T they won't allow a change of address b
    Depending on carrier (AT&T for sure even if you purchased from Apple.com) you can't change address from your billing address but you can reroute to a UPS STORE or UPS access point. Problem is you are on the late side of having it rerouted for same day. Probably better off picking it up at your local UPS Center. If even the center needs to be changed you likely will wait another day.

The UPS Store I run is only getting 2 reroutes tomorrow, my own and one from T-Mobile. Last year we got about 12 (we get notified 1 day in advance of what is being rerouted to us).

9. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

How badly do you need your phone tomorrow? I think you're foolish to try to change it at this juncture. But if you can't have it delivered to your old address anyway, you don't have too much to lose, I guess.

C