UPS claims 10:30am commitment time for my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elhungarian, Feb 4, 2011.

1. elhungarian macrumors regular

Hi all,

ACE: 8xx
    Order shipment email from Verizon showed up 11:30 last night.

I called UPS this am and they claimed the package was still enroute and no hold on it or anything. He also mentioned next day air with 10:30am commitment time. Hope thats the case.
    Go:apple:

2. manjaap macrumors member

Exact same situation here! I am in St. Louis and the package seems to still be enroute from Memphis so I'm not sure how they are going to make it, but i talked to two different people and they told me the exact same thing.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why not check tracking online rather than tie up the lines with senseless phone calls? Just curious because as someone waiting on hold with UPS to track packages that are really lost, I have to thank you for my extended holds times while you check on your ****ing phone.

4. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

Maybe these packages are moving so fast (and there are so many of them), that the UPS tracking information online is out of date... At least that is what I am hoping :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But do you at least understand why it is rather inane to call UPS to track a package that is neither lost or delayed? I get that people are excited, I was checking status every few hours when I got my first Mac delivered. However, I guess it comes with age where you realize that tying up lines for no reason other than to satisfy your own excitement and give you a new thread idea is just a waste of everyone's time.

I am certain the OP is not the only one calling, I even joked about it when I was looking for two items shipped UPS to people who are in need of far bigger things than an iPhone and the cell center rep mentioned how incredibly busy they are now.

Either way, I'm sure it makes no sense to bitch about people calling because they will call and UPS will answer. /shrug

6. Civicsixxx macrumors member

Because the website does not have an expected delivery date for most people. And with something that requires a signature it's sort of important to know exactly when it's coming. Make sense?

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've alway saw a delivery date with ups when going on line, provided its known. There's been a number of times that it has not shown the date, but thats because its not known at that point.

What you see online is all that the ups folks on the phone see, so you're not getting any more info by calling.

8. elhungarian, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

elhungarian thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21052/23.334; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I was trying to decide how to plan the day. I can't stand this pos phone i've been on for 2.5 yrs. Forgive me for adding to your wait time.