UPS delivery hasn't moved in 5 days

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iwayne, Jun 11, 2015.

1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

This is very annoying. I received a preparing for shipment notice Sunday night June 7th. Next day @ 5:19am movement around China, to Suzhou China then to Shanghai China The watch has literally not moved since then! In fact the only thing that happened was my delivery date was pushed back from Friday to Monday. What gives?! This is the 3rd watch that has been ordered for the family and this never happened; now mine is just sitting. It should have easily been in California by now:-/

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Beat it

4. riam macrumors regular

I have the same problem, but mine was shipped 6/9 and it has been in Shanghai since then I just have Shanghai arrival scan 6/9 at 6:33 pm and that's it no more movement since then

5. AAPLBull macrumors member

I would guess that there was no more room on the plane. My experience has been from watching my deliveries and the UPS flights, that almost all of these watches are flying out of China on UPS 81. We might be at the point that they are manufacturing more watches than can fit on a single flight. Hence, you are in line for the next available spot. Do some postings on the other threads of watch waiters comparing PFS times and China departure times and you may be able to establish a pattern. That should give you an indication of when to expect your delivery. Additionally, my experience has been that the expected delivery day stated by Apple is usually one day later than what UPS is saying. By the way. What is UPS saying? Their estimates are usually spot on.

6. riam macrumors regular

Yesterday it said Monday but today it changed to Tuesday

7. hokiemas macrumors member

My wife's watch was originally scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but it sat in Shanghai for a few days. They switched it to Monday. Apparently it made it to and departed Alaska today, and the delivery has been switched back to Friday. Who knows? It will get to us eventually.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

They had at least one flight with a mechanical problem in Shanghai on 6/8. My watch was on it. I was supposed to get it on 6/10. I got it today. I'm guessing this was a huge shipment and it backed things up this week. Stuff that wasn't in danger of not making the shipping deadline probably had to wait.

Just a guess.

9. hokiemas macrumors member

I'm not stressing it. Apple has been good about beating their estimates so far. My watch was originally a July estimate but was delivered last week. My Milanese band was originally July 20-27 and has moved up to the last week of June. Even with this delay, my wife's watch will still easily beat the original estimate. Given the number of sku's, I think Apple has handled the watch orders fairly well.

10. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Yea sounds just like my situation. I'm going to call UPS tomorrow to find out what is going on.

11. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Have you guys tried laxatives? They always help me make a movement....

12. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I'm in the UK and my heart sinks when I see my shipment is being delivered by UPS. Apple uses other carriers over here as well, and they're much better, e.g. UK Mail, who give you a one-hour delivery slot and allow you to see the progress your driver is making.

13. riam macrumors regular

Finally I have a departure scan from Shanghai today at 9:53 PM!!!

14. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Why didn't you order earlier when our shipments were moving almost daily?

The same thing happens to MacBooks that the site says "in stock", you'll get yours soon.

15. iwayne, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015

iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Same thing here. Finally left Shanghai at 9:53pm & the kicker; delivery was pushed back another day. UPS is utter CRAP!

Called UPS and they're blaming it on getting held up at customs and they're is nothing they can do about it. UPS-Utter Piece of Sh*t

16. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Mine also got held at customs. It happens. Have they missed your shipping deadline yet?

17. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Totally blew it, delivery deadline was today(Friday) and now it's pushed to Tuesday

18. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Another few days ain't going to kill you

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Tracking is horrible until your package get out of China. Undependable to say the least. Sometimes
    We will put you in the "maybe" column for liking UPS!

You do know it may not be their fault but I understand your need to strike out. UPS works in China with the permission of the Chinese officials.

20. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Yes, but has it missed your Apple shipping window?

If not, there's nothing really to be upset about. I know we all get excited with UPS tracking but honestly as long as Apple delivers by the date when you clicked order is what matters.

21. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Might I suggest the use of a calendar (and maybe your digits) when you try to do math? PFS on the 7th. Next day (8th) there was movement and you kicked off this tantrum thread yesterday (11th). Rounding 3 doesn't get you to 5. Or is this the "new math"? :)

You're waiting for a toy. You should try to relax a little.

22. hokiemas macrumors member

Some folks need to be a little more patient. I'm an American living in Mexico. The watch won't even be sold here until the 26th. I'm sure the prices will be significantly higher than in the US. I ordered a watch from the US Apple Store, and it's currently sitting at my parents' house in Virginia. I won't be able to take possession until July 20 when I fly in for a visit. I'd like to have it today, right now, but I can't. It certainly isn't the end of the world. Everyone's watch will get to them eventually. Apple so far for me as I have previously posted has beaten their original delivery windows by multiple weeks. It's all good.

23. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Um have you read any thread this board, people come here to VENT, and that's simply what I'm doing. Movement happened on the 5th day as in the 12th. 8,9,10,11,12. So do your own math as much as you like, the point behind this thread is what happened at UPS. Apple watch is a TOY, in fact i'm wearing the toy right now but doing a return/exchange which is time sensitive, so i have every right to be concerned about lack of movement.
    If you need further comments, refer to my avatar lol

24. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ugh. I'd complain. If it missed your Apple delivery window.