Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2011
So I was very upset (first world problems) yesterday when I checked my tracking and it said there had been a delivery attempt for my 128Gb iPhone 6S. I had placed the pre-signature paper on my front porch, a little off to the side, but apparently my driver didn't see it.

My wife was supposed to be home all day (I had to work) but she left before the driver came. Here, there is no pick-up on the weekends and after calling UPS I thought I would have to wait until Monday.

On my way home around 6:00pm, I stopped at the shopping center near my house to get dinner, and there was a UPS delivery truck by the small UPS store! I quickly parked and ran over.

Turns out, my new favorite person in the world, Eddie, had left a note for several people who were getting iPhones delivered today that he would wait at that store for a bit around 6:00. There was at least one other person who picked it up from him as well.

So I just want to put a public shout-out to Eddie from UPS. You are awesome bro!

Any other special delivery stories out there?

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
On Thursday I asked my UPS driver if he would come by on an early run (he usually hits my neighborhood about 3:30pm) on Friday. He said sure I'll blow my horn when I get here. Sure enough I hear the horn blow about 9:45am. My UPS driver Greg is awesome!

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Seriously, that is a cool and awesome story! I enjoy reading about good vibe things such as this. Thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
So I just want to put a public shout-out to Eddie from UPS. You are awesome bro!

Any other special delivery stories out there?

Great to hear! Give UPS a call on Monday to make sure his supervisor hears the story, as well. That could be worth gold at year-end review time. :)

Reactions: AlliFlowers

magbarn

macrumors 68030
Oct 25, 2008
The local UPS Custome Center workers were the best last night. After the same thing happened to me where they didn't leave my 2 iPhones at my door, I then tried to use MyChoice UPS to have them hold it at the station. I then called to confirm if they really held them and the dumb rep told me it was too late in the day as the center was already closed. I decided to try anyway and got there 30 minutes past their closing time and one worker saw me as I was turning to leave and opened the place up to get my iPhones. A big prop for the local staff, Yael and Anna, for helping out 30 minutes past closing time.

Reactions: AlliFlowers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.