UPS Follow My Delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckurt25, Nov 3, 2017.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I live out in the burbs and the driver has been within a mile of my house for the past 90 minutes. I have 3 deliveries on that truck. Two iPhone Xs and something from Amazon. The Amazon order let me schedule the delivery time and the earliest I could pick was 2-4p. Here it is 3:40 and the rate this truck is moving I'll be lucky to see my phones before 5. I wish they didn't have this Follow My Delivery service, lol.

2. erwheezy macrumors newbie

it's the worse. the truck was two blocks away three hours ago. and now it's on a grand tour of my city.

3. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I had contemplated having it held at UPS to pick up but it's on the other side of town and I was feeling lazy today. I didn't know about this Follow My Delivery until I got the email around 9a. UPS is a bunch of sadists if you asked me.

4. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Same here. It's still showing a delivery by 15:00 though. It finally moved to "In Your Area" in the last hour.

5. immigrantsong macrumors member

I also received the email about this morning and started following it. It showed it getting closer to my neighborhood, then I say it on the first turn into my neighborhood...so I went outside...and it was stopping at my driveway. Awesome. The driver and I had some laughs over it.

So, got my X...Woo-Hoo.

6. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Finally came around 4:30. Love it so far. Updated to iOS 11.1 and restoring from iTunes backup right now.

7. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

this is the greatest and worst invention in human history. gimme ma' iPhone!

8. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Ughh, don't tell me that. It's currently 245, and I have a 330 flight I'm trying to catch :/ This live map is actually the worst though. They have been in my neighbourhood about 5 times since 10AM, and here I am, still without my X. If I didn't have to be on the east coast all weekend, I wouldn't care so much.

Yes, it is just a phone, and I will survive, but these are the things that I enjoy, and no one, well except UPS, can take that away from me.

9. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Did you get your phone? Did you make your flight?

10. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Yeah! My phone came at 305pm, and the flight was delayed to 405pm which was my saving grace cause otherwise I'd have missed it. Ended up setting up the phone in the Uber to the airport .

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

This worked well for me. I now know how the driver operates.