UPS hold for pickup: will it be there in the morning or will it take additional time?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by inkyoto, Apr 26, 2015.

1. inkyoto macrumors regular

inkyoto

Hi! I luckily have an Apple Watch set for delivery on Tuesday 4/28.

I have a habit of missing the UPS guy so I'm looking to get it held for pickup.

However, if I have it held for pickup on Tuesday 4/28 at my nearby customer center, will it be there when it opens at 8am, or do they need to get it on a truck to the customer center, and have me pick it up in the afternoon?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

My local customer center is where the trucks are loaded so I hold for pickup all my launch day devices and get them first thing when they open (did it with the watch Friday) so as long as it's the same where your at you should be fine. I know getting it rerouted to a ups store ALWAYS causes a day delay

3. mac-jones macrumors newbie

mac-jones

Same here. I used the option on Thursday to have the package held at my local hub, not UPS Store, and it was ready for pickup Friday morning at 8am.

4. inkyoto thread starter macrumors regular

inkyoto

Thanks all, appreciate the help! This actually made me realize that customer center ≠ store and the closest one to me is pretty far away, so I think I'll risk missing the delivery...