UPS Hold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clingpeach, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Clingpeach macrumors member

Clingpeach

Sorry posted in the wrong forum am posting again. Im leaving out of town on Friday at 11.00am I have requested to have my phone rerouted and delivered to my nearest UPS store. I am getting an exception on delivery now. I want to know if my store opens at 8.00am is it possible to be at the store at 8.00am and pick up my phone. Or will it be later in the day? Do i have to wait for a delivery notification.

TIA

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I would call the store and see what they say.

3. medenblik macrumors regular

medenblik

I have done this and if at distribution center...they can hold off the truck and bring it to customer service and you can get it at 8am.

This is what I am doing. My UPS Distro center is in my town

4. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

It depends on when your store gets the trucks. Some store will get the truck at 10,others in the afternoon. I was told the UPS trucks stop by the stores after they do their business drop offs in the morning. Don't know if this is how it still works.

5. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

It won't be there at 8am, that's for sure!

I have had many shipments held or rerouted to my UPS store, and it usually gets there during their 'pickup' schedule.

6. AppleWarrior macrumors member

AppleWarrior

That isn't necessarily true. I have done this for the last 3 years, and every time, my phone is there for pickup at 8:00 am.

7. medenblik macrumors regular

medenblik

It will be at the Distro center...where the trucks get loaded has a customer service connected to it.

Their the phones will be at 8am. The individual ups stores probably not at 8am

All depends where you go.

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Depends, you can hold it at the hub and it will be there at 8am, usually rerouting to a store takes longer, sometimes even until Monday. OP, Have it held at the hub to get it at 8.

9. RMSko macrumors 6502

I also tried rerouting to the store and have been getting multiple exceptions. I called UPS and the first exception was that it wasn't able to be delivered to the first location I selected. I then went online and sure enough that location was now showing "full". I then tried another location and it went through, but I got another exception. Even without the exception it was showing "Estimated Delivery Monday September 19th". While it may have gotten there on Friday, I didn't want to take the chance and so just caved in and am having it held at the Customer Center. Unfortunately that's a half hour away, but my wife has "volunteered" to get it for me.

10. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

You should've done it to a hub because for a store they have to deliver it there.